Tuesday, September 9, 2008

older kids

exciting news.....so there are older kids here (18-20 years old ) so that is really hard because they are close to your age and they have to listen to you!!!! and since i don´t speak spanish...its alittle intimidating!!! so today when i was walking down the stairs one of the girls said hi christina!!!! and one of the guys who put his dishes in the sink while i was washing the dishes he patted me on the back....he usually says nothing!!!!! and then also when i walked out of the kitchen one of the other guys asked me how to say what was on my shirt!!! (iowa state).......i think they are starting to get use to me and they don´t hate me!!!!!!
I have little kids comeing up to me now saying hi instead of me first and they sit with me and want to play!!!!! yes!!!! i love them!
we just had another volenteer come (he has been here before)...he is from ierland!!!! way cool!!! its so nice that all of us get along so well...we all joke around and say it how it is!!! and we are all in our 20´s!
just a side note....as you all know i love salt!!! ..... food at the home....well lets just say it needs alot of salt!!!! well exciting news....i found salt in the cupboard!!!!!! yes!!!! now i just need to find hidden valley ranch and AE milk (cold)....yeah right!!!! i wish!!!!!
talk to ya later...nothing to exciting here have a great day!
oh yeah if you guys talk to jon tell him happy 3 month aniversary for me!!! Jon happy 3 month aniversary...if you read this!!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I miss you sooo much! It sounds like you are having an amazing journey! I'm praying for you every day! I'm such a looser. This is the first day I have been on the blog. I had to email Ruth Ann to get it again. Talk to you soon. Blessing all over ya'!

Kathleen said...

Awesome! I am glad that everyone sees how awesome you are! It's true.

Mary Ann said...

Hasn't it only been 2 months? July-Sept? Anyway, I doubt I'll talk to him but if I do I'll relay that messege:)

I was supposed to tell you that Megan Kingery came in tonight and did awesome. We washed her hair, she sat still while I cut her bangs AND we dried it. Put bows in it and everything. She wanted me to email you and let you know.

P.S. I don't miss you yet. :P